Most of us car owners are usually busy almost all the time running errands round the clock. Often they are forced to neglect keeping their vehicles clean due to time constraints and its relative importance compared to other task.
If you are one of these victims, there are two things that you can do, firstly give your car a quick and effective clean, or the better option which is to outsource it to the professional.
If you choose the first option which is to give your car a quick and effective wash and wax. The washing method recommended here is to use the foam gun technique which replaces manual hand soaping with a pressurized foam bath that it pre-soaks the vehicle in suds to start loosening grime and lubricating the paint right away.
This will save precious time in the soaping process, instead of the traditional hand soaping method, however it may not be as effective as the hand soaping method when it comes to getting rid of stubborn contaminants. Thus, without wasting time, you would need a foam gun, a source of running clean water (hose), car washing mitts, car shampoo and instant liquid wax of your own choice, dry chamois and microfiber cloths, and a drying blade and finally a dry and shaded area to wash your car.
1. Firstly, rinse your car with clean water to get rid of the initial loose contaminants from top to bottom.
2. Once rinsing is done, use another mitt, preferably and old one and start washing your wheels with low pressure water to avoid splashing your clean car body don’t forget to apply a little car shampoo to the mitt when you wash your wheels.
3. Then use the foam gun which is preloaded with your choice of car shampoo to start spraying your car with foam soap, be thorough and try to cover as much area as possible.
4. Once, you are done foaming the whole car, the next thing to do is to put on your clean car wash mitt on one hand and the another holding the hose of running water and start rinsing your car in the mean time scrubbing with your mitt from top down motion.
5. Make sure to cover all possible area and change mitts for different segments of the car such as you use one mitt for the top section and another for the bottom half.
6. Finally take the drying blade, and slowly start stroking water of your car surface immediately to avoid water spots from forming.
7. Finally use the dry chamois cloths to wipe off any remaining access water on the surface, and don’t forget the gaps and lining of the doors and trunk as well.
8. Spray on instant liquid wax, in small portions and start applying it with a pad to the DRY surfaces of your vehicle and then later on buff it off with a microfiber cloth.
There you go a quick and effective wash to make sure your car looks presentable. Please note that this method is designed for time saving, the results will never be as good as a proper car washing and waxing method. These steps also miss out car interior cleaning such as how to clean car leather seats.
As always we recommend that you should outsourced these task to a professional mobile detailing and washing service provider, they are the best and best of all, it is cheaper to and less of a hassle for you as you do not need to waste time and buy expensive equipments like the foam gun and the results are more stunning and satisfactory for the amount of effort you put in.
There are many types of service providers out there; most of them would provide you reasonably good offers, such as washing + polishing+ waxing packages. If you do patron them, make sure you get them to at least wash your car twice a week, wax it once every month and polish them every six months as it is the recommended schedule by most professionals out there.
Alex Liu is both a car enthusiast and editor of Auto Detailing House- a website dedicated to share valuable knowledge, experience and tutorials on how to keep a car clean and new.